From: Mike Brock<mailto:brockm@brevard.net>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com<mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 12:33 PM
Subject: ADMIN: Re: [STMFC] Re: Combine Cars attached to Freight trains

Paul Hillman writes:

> Before Mike gets mad about an OT passenger car subject;.........since
> combination-cars carried LCL, etc., freight, wouldn't they be considered
> as being, at least, a pseudo freight-car?

First, Mike seldom gets mad. Second, Mike does have to maintain order and
the way he does that is to ensure that the group's rules are followed.
Third, same Mike ruled that headend cars [ those carrying mail, baggage and
whatever OTHER than non RR employee people { hence, cabooses are considered
as frt cars } ] were within scope of the STMFC. A combine carries both stuff
and people and, therefore, part of it is technically out of scope. Not
wishing to see such nice looking cars cut in half so to speak, they are now
decreed as within scope.

Mike Brock
STMFC Owner

Yahoo! Groups Links