Re: War Emergency Hoppers

Dave & Libby Nelson <muskoka@...>

-----Original Message-----
From: Beckert, Shawn [mailto:shawn.beckert@disney.com]
(Sigh). I'll have to get painfully specific here, which
I probably should have done in the first place. I model,
or am attempting to model, the St. Louis Southwestern as
it would have looked from roughly World War Two up until
the mid 1960's.
My problem is nailing down the type of traffic that moved
on the Cotton Belt during these years.
You want the ICC Commodity Classification reports. I placed a spreadsheet
copy of the Rutland report (from 1948) in the shared files area here on
egroups.com. In addition to the raw data, I converted the tons to carloads
etc. etc. Take a look and judge whether such info could be of use to you.
My source is Stanford Library -- their government document repository.
There are a few other major universities that have the same reports.

Dave Nelson