Re: Athearn releases/PS2

buchwaldfam <duff@...>

Ed,

Will your articles include any painted-as-built photos of the
CB&Q cars? I've got two of the old Con-Cor PS2 models which I've
replaced the outboard verticals with channel sections, and i'd really
like to find a paint scheme to put on them. Was going to originally
paint them into the Wabash Black, however Burlington would be more
appropriate for the geographic area that I'd like to model.
Were they painted in the oxide "Everywhere West" scheme?

Thanks,
Phil Buchwald

--- In STMFC@..., Ed Hawkins <hawk0621@s...> wrote:

Incidentally, there were four other groups of cars with the
intermediate hatches one foot further inboard than the more common
arrangement. These cars were built early in the production cycle:
CB&Q
85000-85029, CIL 4401-4430, T&NO 3675-3899, and WAB 31000-31039 (all
built late 1953 to early 1954).
I have submitted articles about
both groups of cars to Railmodel Journal for publication sometime
this
fall when the models are supposed to be out.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins