Re: Alburgh Trestle

armprem

Question,What color were the Montour hoppers?Armand Premo

----- Original Message -----
From: "benjaminfrank_hom" <b.hom@...>
To: <STMFC@...>
Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2005 1:46 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Alburgh Trestle

Jace Kahn wrote:
"What struck me (apart from the lone-ranger Clinchfield car, and those
M&StL cars came a long way) was the relatively large number of Montour
hoppers delivering coal; is it possible the Rutland had an
advantageous contract with an operator along the Montour?"

The rest of the data would seem to indicate the Pittsburgh area. As I
posted a few weeks back, I've also been going through Armand's
switchlists and company coal reports (over a slightly broader range,
1947-1951) and have also turned up large numbers of P&LE, PMcK&Y, PRR,
NYC, and B&O hoppers. Still a big stack to go through, so more to
come!

Ben Hom

Yahoo! Groups Links