From: <mail@kadee.com>
To: <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 10:33 AM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Riveted PS-1 box cars

Hello Mr. Buchwald,

The PS-1 box car in your photo is a 40 foot car from UP series
100000-101599, PS lot 5908, 1600 cars built in 1948 without the rectangles
at the peak next to the hand wheel common to 1950 PS-1s. These cars have 6
foot door openings with 7 panel Superior doors, and riveted sides.
UP had another lot (8399A) of 40 foot PS-1s built in 1957, welded
sides,
series 126000-126524, 525 cars, 8 foot door opening with Pullman and
Youngstown doors.
They also had 50 foot PS-1s but with overhanging roofs and different
paint schemes.

Hope this helps a bit.

Sam Clarke
Kadee Quality Products