Athearn Chemical Tank Cars

Paul Hillman

Recently there was discussion about chemical tank cars. What accuracy
do Athearn HO chemical tank cars have that they were making 15-20
years ago? (I think they were only making the one car type at that
time.) I have a few of them.

Also, I have an Ambroid Pickle Car, all wood of course, still in the
original box and never yet built. I'm presuming many of the wood
shapes represent steel channel, angles, etc. If I would attempt to
build it I'd likely consider replacing the wood-parts with plastic
shapes, unless I'd want to retain the classic, original kit and spend
untold hours sanding and sealing the wood to represent steel. Those
were some intense-kits back in those days.

Paul Hillman