Beth Steel roads

Bud Rindfleisch

Richard and list,
Bethlehem Steel owned more than just the two roads you mentioned. I was hired on the South Buffalo in Dec. 1966, furloughed Sept. 79, hired out on a transfer to the PB&NE in May of 1980 and furloughed from there Sept. 1984. So I can safely say that yes, the Philadelphia Bethlehem & New England RR was "owned" by Bethlehem Steel Corp.
During this time period Bethlehem owned a total of 6 shortline/switching railroads. The others being The Patapsco & Back Rivers which you mentioned (Baltimore, Md) the Steelton & Highspire RR ( Harrisburg -or- Steelton, PA) the Conemaugh & Black Lick RR (Johnstown, PA) and the Cambria & Indiana RR (Colver, PA)
A book was recently published on the South Buffalo covering its origins in 1899 up to its takeover by Genesee & Wyoming in 2001. This message doesn't contain any steam era content per se, but there are various sources of photos of steam era hoppers lettered for the SB Rwy and I have a few in my possession that I could scan if interested. C&I hoppers were in abundance from the steam era until the end.
Bud Rindfleisch