Using CA as a gap filler

Mark Heiden

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to fill the gap between the weight cover and the body of an
Atlas two-bay offset side hopper, with little luck. Body putty
doesn't want to stay in place, so I turned to using CA instead. I'm
using Flash CA, medium formula, but this isn't working well either. It
doesn't seem to get down into the gap, it just seems to sit on the
surface. I've been running a bead along the gap, then sanding it
smooth with progressively finer sand paper (about 400 grit to start).
Is there a trick to doing this? Should I try to somehow force the CA
into the gap? Any advice is welcome!

Thanks,
Mark Heiden