Re: More From the Florida Archives.

Tim Gilbert <tgilbert@...>

Anthony Thompson wrote:

Since beer was quite often shipped in insulated box cars, does this
imply that I can run PFE reefers loaded FROM the Schlitz brewery?
Yes, though I doubt PFE and SFRD provided more than a fraction of
the outgoing cars (and those only in certain seasons).
In the Fall 1947 UP Conductor Fraley's wheel report, there were twenty carloads of beer reported: - four of them were carried in boxcars; the other 16 in reefers with five of those reefers being PFE.

In the Fall 1946 SOU wheel report between Pot Yard and Monroe VA, there were ten carloads of beer reported: - all ten of them being boxcars.

Tim Gilbert