Re: Wabash #8000-8299 series boxcars #8000-8299

Scott Pitzer

According to the reference card I made when I built my model, there is a photo in RAILMODEL JOURNAL for January 1990.

It says here I replaced the ends on the Accurail body with resin ones-- no doubt from "Canadian Railway Model Parts Guild." Branchline should have the equivalent design (R/3/4 with the rolling pin cross-section on the 3/4 ribs.)

I used "mostly Champ lettering but large flag from Microscale multi-road set." There could be something much better from Mark Vaughan or another source.

Scott Pitzer