Re: Wabash #8000-8299 series boxcars #8000-8299

Garth Groff <ggg9y@...>

Chet,

I gather from what you say that the original paint scheme on the Wabash 8000 had the small flag herald. Is the car in Henderson's CLASSIC FREIGHT CARS V. 1 still in its original paint? I would have thought it was the other way around, which means my model with large heralds is wrong for 1957. :-(

Oh, poop!

Kind regards,

Garth G. Groff

Chet French wrote:

Mark Vaughan's E-1 set includes the seven inch numbers and small flag

that was on the 8000-8299 series cars when new. One sheet appears to have enough lettering to do three Wabash and one NJI&I cars, with small flags on two of them. I do not have an updated E-2 set, but do have an older set, with no ID number, which has the four different size flags and nine inch numbers. If I were to use this set, I would still use the 18" WABASH from the E-1 set. YMMV. CDS has a set HO-
91, Wabash steel box car which has the 1961 large flag and lettering.
Chet French
Dixon, IL

Yahoo! Groups Links