From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
Garth Groff
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 3:08 PM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [STMFC] RE: Drains

John and Jace,

Yes, I was aware that some kits, particularly Westerfield and Sunshine,
include the drains. Most commercially produced reefer kits or RTR models

that have been offered in the past leave off this detail. It has also
been widely overlooked in many upgrading articles in the hobby press.
Things are changing, thank goodness, and in this case I think for the
better.

Kind regards,

Garth G. Groff

John Fitts wrote:

In HO, Westerfield has that detail in his reefer kits as appropriate.

Justin Kahn <harumd@hotmail.com> wrote:Ahem, Garth. The former
Intermountain refrigerator cars in O scale (their
loss as kits much lamented) offered that detail.

Jace Kahn, General Manager
Ceres and Canisteo RR Co.

Reefers usually had little drain pipes at each corner, or sometimes
chutes, which were supposed to carry the water away from the car, much
like the downspouts on a house.

This detail is rarely modeled.

Garth G. Groff

Yahoo! Groups Links