Re: Asparagus and Peaches in SC

Carrock1998@...

Thanks Tom--now I know roughly where you are talking about---I know it by the
Route 31 number. Thanks.

Robert "Rocky" Jackson

In a message dated 7/28/2005 4:45:23 PM Central Standard Time,
tgmadden@worldnet.att.net writes:
Tom---the Oxford you refer to was it in Pennsylvania or was it in
New Jersey?

Oxford Furnace, NJ, a few miles north of Washington NJ on the old main
line. It's on Route 31, which used to be Route 69 until the late '60s
when the local classes of '69 coupled with the sexual connotations of
that number caused the highway signs to disappear faster than they
could be replaced. Route 69/31 ends at the junction with Route 46 at
Butzville, where there was a three-level crossing of the DL&W bridging
the L&HR which itself bridged what I'm remembering was the Pequest
river.

Tom Madden