From: Tim Gilbert
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 3:34 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Asparagus and Peaches in SC

Fred in Vt. wrote:

> Tim & Tom,
>
> The PRR Society's Keystone had an article abot the NJ peach
> crop, and the express service trains that hauled them to NYC &
> Phila.. Back about 4 years, IIRC.
> Would no doubt be safe in thinking that any seasonal
> consumable would have a schedule on most east coast RR's; be it
> reefer, ventilated, or insulated car.

1) When were these express service trains operated? Before or after trucks?
2) Express Service was not considered to be part of the Freight
Commodity Statistics.
3) Is the last sentence a question? Or a statement? Are you referring to
originating, through or terminating service?

Tim Gilbert

Train travel in italy North american