From: Bruce Brantner <sfcoyote_2000@yahoo.com>
To: stmfc@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [STMFC] ATSF Covered Hoppers
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 20:17:05 -0700 (PDT)

I am working on some Bowser and Kato two bay, 70 ton
covered hoppers. According to information that
Richard Hendrickson has posted on the Santa Fe Society
web site, these two models come fairly close to the
Santa Fe covered hoppers. Mr. Hendrickson lists the
following classes that these cars could be used for;
Ga-45, Ga-52, Ga-58, Ga-65 and Ga-75.

I want to model the covered hoppers in the Ga-45 to
Ga-65 era. The Bowser and Kato models that I have,
are of the open side hopper. I have been searching
through the books that I have and the web; but I have
not been able to find any pictures of these cars.
Save for one photo in A Santa Fe Society publication
of a closed sided covered hopper.

Two questions:
Does anyone know of any sources that I could find
photos of the ATSF open sided covered hoppers in the
1940-1950 era?

Secondly can anyone tell me what would be the proper
trucks for the Ga-42, 52, 58 and 65 classes.

Thanks for any help.

Bruce

Bruce R. Brantner, Sr.
Coyote Trails RR