Re: Our stashes of obsolete models

golden1014

Brothers,

Some of you guys need to be more mobile. All it takes
is one cross-country move to realize that keeping dead
projects isn't worth the cost of the move. For that
matter, they're not worth the cost of keeping them dry
in the rainy season or warm during winter.

On the other hand, Andy Harmon has a nice thing going
at RPM meets--for those of you who've seen his
display. He's kept a few old "prototype models" from
years past in his collection to bring to meets. It's a
great way to show just how far we've all come. I've
copied that, and have kept around a few old-timers for
that very purpose...

Also, don't forget that all those old plastic models
and cardboard boxes can be put in the recycle bin, so
they're technically not wasted. They'll come back to
life as a new Branchline or P2K-Walthers car, or maybe
as parts of a Thomas set for your sons or grandsons.

John

John Golden
O'Fallon, IL
http://www.pbase.com/golden1014

2nd Annual St. Louis Railroad Prototype Modeler's Meet
August 20th, 2005
Collinsville, IL
Contact: John Golden, Golden1014@yahoo.com