modeling follows life

ed_mines

How about all those hulks of real railroad rolling stock rotting away
in museums?

With those Ulrich cars it's remembering what they once were. Those
WWII gons vere really something when they first came out.

To the average person (not a model railroader) old Athearn cars look
pretty good still but hose C&BT cars were clunkers the day they were
made. At least we helped the misguided soul who manufactured them keep
his head a little higher above the water (I don't think he got rich
from that misadventure).

Tony is right about the brass track. Why make life more complicated for
someone else? My father bought a lot of Lionel "slightly used". It
would have been much nicer if a few of the accessories worked.

Ed