Re: Stainless Steel Shipping

Allen Rueter <allen@...>

Keith,
Having worked in Cold Rolled Finishing at USS Gary works,
I can answer the 1st part, both (coil & sheet), it's up to the customer.

Some steel goes out naked, some oiled, some wrapped in heavy paper.

I can take a guess at the second part too, it's up to the customer,
if the customer only has an overhead crane, shipping in a box car
could be a problem for unloading.

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 10:35:40PM -0500, Keith Jordan wrote:
Does anyone know how stainless steel was shipped in the early 1950s? Coils?
Sheets? Boxcars? Flats? Gons?

Thanks in advance,

Keith Jordan
--
------
Allen P Rueter Phone: 314/935-6429 email allen :) artsci.wustl.edu