Re: paint removal

Tim O'Connor

I have stripped my Stewart FTs for the 3rd time with brake fluid.
Two things to remember. It's cheap and dangerous. Remember, Model
railroading is FUN and dangerous. Rob Manley
Brake fluid is not dangerous, although like most things you don't
want it in your eyes, mouth or on your hands -- It will remove the
oils and moisture from your hands temporarily. It can be instantly
washed off with drygas or windshield washer fluid but it will make
your skin as dry as paper. And it ATTACKS rubber -- many styrenes
include a form of rubber in them (e.g. Kato, AHM) which is why
they become weak and brittle.

Tim O.