Re: Cocoa Beach-Springfield

Brian J Carlson <brian@...>

Mike, I think Ted was comparing Springfield to other train shows, not Cocoa
Beach. At least that is how I read it.

Brian Carlson

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:34:55 -0400, Mike Brock wrote
From various comments...tinplate whistles...whatever they are...and a
comparison to the NTS, and Ted Culotta's comment about Springfield:

"You are more apt to find good stuff here than anywhere else. Do you
remember 30 years ago when you used to attend shows and there was
always "good junk" to be found? Well, it's at this show more than
anywhere else."

I gather that Springfield is a "train show". To be sure, Prototype
Rails at Cocoa Beach is not. While we do try to have manufacturers
present and even a few vendors...including photo guys...Cocoa Beach
is a prototype modeling meet in which the emphasis is on the study
of the prototype AND how to model it. It is true that resin
manufacturers [ obviously, they also sell ] will be present along
with other manufacturers that concentrate on the prototype...like
Branchline.

Given that, comparing events like Springfield to that at Cocoa Beach
is like comparing the west coast to the east coast. Both have coast lines.

Mike Brock

Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your
home page http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/9MtolB/TM