Re: Scale Weights - Doubt It

Roger Parry <uncleroger@...>

Amen to that! Real brakemen don't use magnets! They make the cut!

On Aug 26, 2005, at 8:52 PM, <robev1630@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Roger,
They did and I had one. The flywheel was powered by a rubberband to a plastic drum pulley mounted on one of the axles. It performed much like a rubberband. Most of my cars have Interrmountain standard or semi fine scale wheelsets and they mimic the momentum better than the flywheel gimic. If you pre-pposition your Kadees so that they will not couple, you can with practice, switch on the fly.
Real brakemen don't use uncoupling magnets,
Rob Manley
----- Original Message -----
From: Roger Parry
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 5:32 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Scale Weights - Doubt It

Did not NWSL offer a flywheel chassis that could be used with an Athern
box car to simulate train momentum?
On Aug 26, 2005, at 12:27 PM, Tom Jones III wrote:

My thoughts were motorized momentum in the cars, or flywheel driven
momentum
in the cars. DCC is too much for individual cars when it is possible to
simply (yeah, right!) have the car sense its own speed and through a
computer program onboard the car control the momentum motor that
drives the
wheels, or provides resistance. A flywheel may be a lot easier, not
sure
about cheaper. It would provide a sort of brake when stopped, but it
certainly would push the train along when moving!

Tom Jones III