Re: Truck Journals

dehusman <dehusman@...>

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Nelson" <muskoka@c...> wrote:
Are the old hands obligated to anwswer *every* n00b's
question, even those that have been dealt with many times before?
In my
opinion, the answer is no.
=======================
Is any one person obligated, no.

Is the list obligated, yes.

The basic purpose of the list is to share information. If someone
asks a question and those who know don't answer, then information
isn't being shared. I would be suprised if the same basic questions
didn't keep popping up. They do on every other list I have
subscribed to.

I guess it depends on how you visualize the list as a
single "research project" where you cover each item in sequence and
never back over it or a "school" where a new class enrolls every year
and the same basics get covered year after year.
In the meanwhile the best I can hope for is the continued PUBLISHING
and SHARING by those who are better informed than I... and by and
large I
will be grateful to receive whatever they happen to share.
And that's exactly what all the "noob's" are thinking when they ask a
question. Evidently they will be disappointed.

Dave H.