Re: Truck Journals

Paul Hillman

Thanks Dave for your wise input.

As far as MY being a "noob", "newbie", "new-ninny" or whatever
the "intellectual-click" chooses to use, I've been in railroading
for 56 years, actually starting when I was 3. There just happened to
be a few questions that I'd never delved into after all these
wonderful years, and thought these "wonders of knowledge" would be
of some commeraderie-help.

Most groups always have somebody in them that trys to take over,
the "old-hats" who bloat their heads up about how "smart" they are.
It's all part of the arrogant-side of the human-mind. "a little
knowledge is dangerous.", is the old saying.

If you "wise-guys" are so bored with some of these "dumb" questions,
just don't answer,......at least not with some raw insult.

Either that, or I should find a better group which caters more
kindly to dolts!!

Paul Hillman

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "dehusman" <dehusman@c...> wrote:
--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Nelson" <muskoka@c...> wrote:
Are the old hands obligated to anwswer *every* n00b's
question, even those that have been dealt with many times
before?
In my
opinion, the answer is no.
=======================
Is any one person obligated, no.

Is the list obligated, yes.

The basic purpose of the list is to share information. If someone
asks a question and those who know don't answer, then information
isn't being shared. I would be suprised if the same basic
questions
didn't keep popping up. They do on every other list I have
subscribed to.

I guess it depends on how you visualize the list as a
single "research project" where you cover each item in sequence
and
never back over it or a "school" where a new class enrolls every
year
and the same basics get covered year after year.
===========================
In the meanwhile the best I can hope for is the continued
PUBLISHING
and SHARING by those who are better informed than I... and by
and
large I
will be grateful to receive whatever they happen to share.
And that's exactly what all the "noob's" are thinking when they
ask a
question. Evidently they will be disappointed.

Dave H.