Re: detail of AAR 1937 boxcar kit

Ted Culotta <tculotta@...>

On Sep 16, 2005, at 12:00 AM, Tim O'Connor wrote:

Speaking of which, has anyone seen a good roof shot of C&O 4500-4999?
Larry Smith said they had Murphy roofs, not Vikings, but I've never
seen proof either way.

My copy of C&O's 1960 Freight Car Diagrams notes that these cars had
"Hutchins Dry Lading 15 Ga." roofs, Youngstown doors, Dreadnaught ends, Ajax
brake wheel and wood running board.

Regards --
Steve Busch
Steve, what kind of roof is that? Like the C&O 7000-series cars had?
For our intents it is a Murphy roof, by another name (vendor).

Regards,
Ted Culotta

Speedwitch Media
645 Tanner Marsh Road, Guilford, CT 06437
info@...
www.speedwitch.com
(650) 787-1912