Fruit Growers Express 52680-52799

lnbill <bwelch@...>

I am working on my Naperville presentation on the steel 40 foot cars
owned by FGE/WFE/BRE and there is one mystery I have yet to solve, the
series numbered 52680-52799, which is noted in the ORER as an all steel
car.

This series, which first appeared in 1942 with 100 cars, is an unknown
entity to me in terms of the design and what the cars looked like, as I
have never seen a photo of any car from this series.

I am curious if anyone has a photo from this series and what their
source was, and any other descriptive info thay can give me?

Bill Welch