Re: BLI vs. Walthers express reefers

Greg Martin

Dean,

I wrote...
I too would like to see a comparison, but not to each other,
rather both to an accurate set of plans. This is the only true
comparison.

Greg Martin
Then you wrote...

"Greg, I think you missed Bruce's point. What is desired is a
comparison of the two to see which better matches an "accurate set of
plans." A review of either vs. the plans would be nice, but it would
be nice to have a side-by-side comparo to know which is a closer
match to the prototype (vs. the competing product.) Since the
Broadway is available in an earlier paint scheme not available from
Walthers, that makes it a better choice for me, unless a review shows
some other problem.

We have the same need for a side-by-side comparison of the Funaro B&O
wagontop vs. the Model RR Warehouse. The Model RR Warehouse version
has been narrowed to correct the width, but we don't know whether it
builds into a better kit than the Funaro or vice versa. I'll bet one
is better in some places than the other and vice versa, neither being
perfect. Until someone knowlegable has both in hand, along with the
prototype plans, we may not know which to buy.
Dean Payne"

I am not sure what purpose it would serve to compare them together not knowing which is correct, do you? Why compare one that might be wrong to another that my be right? Shouldn't we first establish which one best represents the prototype per the original drawing or doesn't that matter????

In your words...

"We have the same need for a side-by-side comparison of the Funaro B&O
wagontop vs. the Model RR Warehouse. The Model RR Warehouse version
has been narrowed to correct the width, but we don't know whether it
builds into a better kit than the Funaro or vice versa."

I could personally care less if a B&O car is fatter to another unless we can clearly establish which on is correct... I just want the correct one or to know which one requires less work to make it so and I believe(correct me if I am wrong)the only way to that is from a correct set of plans... Otherwise what's the purpose of the comprison... The other mehtod is simple conjecture of "I sure like this one better..." Let's first establish which one it correct.

Greg Martin