C&S, NKP steel boxcar details

Mark Heiden

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some information on the following Colorado &
Southern and Nickel Plate steel boxcars.

First, C&S 1500-1799, 300 cars built 1957, class XM-32e. I need to
know:
1) What kind of roofwalks were they built with?
2) What is the build date (one photo looks like 4-57 HV)?
3) Were the roofs unpainted at delivery?
4) Were there trust plates mounted at the top of left-most side
panel?

Photos are available at the pay-side of the NEB&W website, and at
Castle Graphics:

http://railroad.union.rpi.edu/rolling-stock/Propst's-photos/milw-
cs1717-7010-sdm.jpg
http://www.castlegraphics.com/graphic/transportation/rail/cs_99347_tr
inidad_co_jul29_1987.jpg

Second, NKP 6000-6599, 600 PS-1 cars, built 1948. I need to know:
1) What kind of roofwalk were they built with?
2) What kind of handbrake were they built with?
3) What is the build date (one photo looks like 2-48)?
4) Were they delivered with black roofs or ends?

Photos are available at the pay-side of the NEB&W website and on
Fallen Flags:

http://railroad.union.rpi.edu/rolling-stock/Box-cars/PS-1's/XM-PS-1-
NKP-Winters.jpg
http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/nkp/nkp6402ajs.jpg