From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...]
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 12:34 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Digest Number 2676

Jon, the lettering isn't always visible in the video (the REA cars were
often quite grimy, but the evidence from the videos as well as from the
still photos I have indicates that the practice of applying "Express
Refrigerator" and the car number to the left of the doors only dated
from before WW II. In all the postwar images I have where the
lettering is visible, "Express Refrigerator" with the car number below
is both left and right of the doors on both sides of the cars.

Richard Hendrickson