Re: new products (was BLI vs. Walthers express reefers)

Tim O'Connor

Marcelo, Rule #1: Don't produce limited-run resin/brass kits for cars
that are eventually going to be produced in plastic. There are hundreds
(thousands?) of cars which might sell just a few hundred copies. Any
list would include mechanical reefers (esp a 40 footer), oddball gondolas,
the Utah Coal Route gondolas :-) , small tank cars (PLEASE), and so on.
If you're all set on a hopper car, how about the 3-bay War Emergency
cars? I believe a nice set of drawings exists from a magazine article...
Alternatively, one of the varieties of 4-bay offset hoppers.

Tim O'Connor

Tim,
Where can I find the drawings for the AAR alternate standard offset hopper? I
want to produce a serie of 200 exact to scale cars ( mix of resin and
photoetching and brass castings ) and could start with this hopper or the 6-dome
wine car or any other car that you guys could help to choose.
Marcelo Lordeiro