Re: NEB&W Green Dot Models Gondola Kits

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Tim O'C. wrote:
Larry, the F&C War Emergency gons are still available, and the steel-side
rebuilds are good for SP (and probably Wabash as well). I've seen many
photos of the ex-T&NO cars all over the SP well into the 1970's... They
were a major car group on the SP in the 50's and 60's. Some lost their
wood sheathing and were used as log gondolas.
The steel-siding came during 1959-1961 and was only done to about half the cars. Some lost sheathing to be pipe gons, originally (for more on both points, see my Vol. 1).

Publishers of books on railroad history