Re: B&O stenciling and decal nitpicking

Walter M. Clark

--- In STMFC@..., "rwitt_2000" <rmwitt@i...> wrote:
<snip>
Bill,

<snip>It is a stencil with the painting information: such as the
manufacturer use, the date, etc. <snip>
I possibly have the raw material to make decals as I have copied
this information from probably over 100 cars, mostly box cars, from
my field observations made in the 1960s. I have examples for cars
last painted in 1955 and 1956. <snip>

Just last evening I was looking at some Xerox copies of M-55 boxcars
someone kindly sent me and it looks like there may be a start date
just after WWI when the B&O actually began to apply this stencil.
<snip>

It would be a nice addition for lettering B&O cars for the 1950s
<snip>.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Bob Witt
Bob, did you mean to say the lettering started just after WWI or WWII?
Your comment that "(i)t would be a nice addition for lettering B&O
cars for the 1950s" leads me to think WWII, but since I have one of
these cars and am modeling before WWII I need clarification.

Thanks,

Walter M. Clark
Time stopped in November 1941
Riverside, California