Re: NEB&W Green Dot Models Gondola Kits

Tim O'Connor

The original F&C/RPI MEC gondola kit had no interior detail either.
I know cause I have one... If you want one like that, get the ERTL
gondola for 5 bucks. It was patterned after the RPI kit. I don't know
if Steve improved the current kit but he has done so for most other
re-releases.

Larry Jackman asked:
"There are two kits of MEC steel gondola on Ebay and they want 35 dollars
for the two. Your opinion please."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6000459254

I'd pass. The kits in the eBay lot are cast in Funaro's old yellow resin -
no workability problems, but the quality of his work has dramatically
increased since these kits were introduced in the early 1990s. The opening
bid of $35 is too high, especially as these are available new from Funaro
for $35.99.
http://www.fandckits.com/HOFreight/6330.html

Ben Hom