Re: Wine car ops

ljack70117@...

On Sep 22, 2005, at 4:36 AM, Tim Gilbert wrote:

Richard Hendrickson wrote:

Wine tank cars would certainly not have been seen on branch lines in
places like Kansas or Georgia. But there is abundant photographic
evidence of them in the trains of the major transcontinental carriers
that served California such as the Santa Fe, Union Pacific/C&NW, and
Southern Pacific/Rock Island/T&NO/SSW, sometimes several of them at one
time, en route to widely scattered destinations.
I wonder sometimes whether the "abundant photographic evidence" is more
related to the oddity of a car than to quantity.

Tim Gilbert
We had one come through the Emporia Ks yard on the Santa Fe one night. It was leaking. Interesting night that night.
Thank you
Larry Jackman
ljack70117@...
It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end to end, someone would be stupid enough to try to pass them.