From: "Tim Gilbert" <tgilbert@...>
To: <STMFC@...>
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 4:36 AM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Wine car ops

Richard Hendrickson wrote:

Wine tank cars would certainly not have been seen on branch lines in
places like Kansas or Georgia. But there is abundant photographic
evidence of them in the trains of the major transcontinental carriers
that served California such as the Santa Fe, Union Pacific/C&NW, and
Southern Pacific/Rock Island/T&NO/SSW, sometimes several of them at one
time, en route to widely scattered destinations.
I wonder sometimes whether the "abundant photographic evidence" is more
related to the oddity of a car than to quantity.

Tim Gilbert

Yahoo! Groups Links