Re: Wine Cars

ljack70117@...

On Sep 22, 2005, at 7:31 PM, Anthony Thompson wrote:

Jack Burgess wrote:

Drilling a hole in the bottom of a tank car without a ready source of
electricity and a very good drill and bit does sound a little
suspicious....
Yes, especially with the insulating jacket over a 7/16" solid
steel shell.

Publishers of books on railroad history
I could be done if you had the right tools but I doubt that they would be available in the yard. But the one in Emporia Ks, I saw it. The Eastbound lead job had cut it out as a BO and the carmen were working on it to stop the leak. Se we got some wine from it and they finaly got it stopped. Fun night though.
Thank you
Larry Jackman
ljack70117@...
Shin: A device for finding furniture in the dark.