Re: cars that sell; plus tank car bashing, etc.

Tim O'Connor

Richard wrote

...as lousy as it is, the Athearn tank car frame may also be suitable
for bashing into something more closely resembling the GATC pre-war
frame. Has anyone done one of these that met their satisfaction?
I did an article for RMJ several years ago (August, 1996?) on
kitbashing an Athearn single dome tank car model

Two models actually. One 12,500 gal (SP) and one 10,000 gal (GATX).
Pages 14-21.

SP also had 50 (fifty) 8,000 gal GATC cars, class O-50-14. Probably
more than anyone else, now that I think of it! ;-)