From: ljack70117@...
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 8:21 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Wine Cars

On Sep 22, 2005, at 7:31 PM, Anthony Thompson wrote:

> Jack Burgess wrote:
>
>> Drilling a hole in the bottom of a tank car without a ready source of
>> electricity and a very good drill and bit does sound a little
>> suspicious....
>>

> Yes, especially with the insulating jacket over a 7/16" solid
> steel shell.
>
> Tony Thompson Editor, Signature Press, Berkeley, CA
> 2906 Forest Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705 www.signaturepress.com
> (510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail,
> thompson@...
> Publishers of books on railroad history

I could be done if you had the right tools but I doubt that they
would be available in the yard. But the one in Emporia Ks, I saw it.
The Eastbound lead job had cut it out as a BO and the carmen were
working on it to stop the leak. Se we got some wine from it and they
finaly got it stopped. Fun night though.
Thank you
Larry Jackman
ljack70117@...
Shin: A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Travel insurance usa Travel medical insurance Csa travel insurance