Re: Attitudes of kit producers, was:Wine car ops

William Keene <wakeene@...>

Richard,

I just do not think that I am going to find a milk car (Pfaulder or
otherwise) or a six compartment wine tank car trailing behind the M-177
as it rolls into Gridley, Kansas.

What cars a modeler selects to purchase may depend on what bit of
railroad that person is modeling. In my case, I have little room for a
layout and the one under construction (early stages) is a simple branch
line with just a modest amount of traffic. One scheduled mixed train
(daily except Sunday). It is the size of the layout, the prototype
being modeled, and the modeler's budget that are (in the world of
Prototype Modeling) the major factors in the decision to purchase a
specific piece of rolling stock.

I am open to any suggestion as to just why a six compartment wine tank
car would be spotted on the house track in Gridley. Any ideas?

-- Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Sep 22, 2005, at 6:18 PM, Richard Hendrickson wrote:

[big snip]
Given the unpredictable vagaries of the model railroad market place,
it's astonishing how much good stuff (and how little junk) we're
getting these days, with more on the way.  Even "conversation pieces"
like Pfaudler milk cars and, quite possibly, somewhere down the road,
six compartment wine tank cars.

Richard Hendrickson

Worldwide travel insurance
Travel trailer insurance
International travel insurance
Travel insurance usa
Travel medical insurance
Csa travel insurance

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

▪  Visit your group "STMFC" on the web.

▪  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

▪  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.