Re: C&O 53'6" Gond

Jason Hill

Thanks Scott,
Well, I've done plenty of other P2K gonds for other roads, C&S,
DTI-bashed, NYC, ERIE, CB&Q, SP etc, these C&Os were just easy snags.
I don't mind repainting cars if they're a good deal and getting more
enjoyment out of them.
In the last three months among many other things in my life, I've
already converted 5 Athearn 12Kgal tank cars into SP O-50-12/13s 8-)
Very easy and enjoyable bash. I hope to get some more pics on my
website soon. www.geocities.com/hilljason ...forgive some of the not
so perfect shots...

Hmmm...
Well I guess I'm off in search of some decal sets!
Jason

--- In STMFC@..., Scott Pitzer <scottp459@e...> wrote:
Jason,
During most if not all of your modeling period, those cars were
painted for Pere Marquette. Note the 2xxxxx car numbers once they
were absorbed into the C&O fleet. (2 put in front of the original PM
numbers.)
Some of those cars MIGHT have been relettered by your 1956 cut-off,
but I've read that PM cars were to be left alone until their equipment
trusts expired. Trusts may be 10 years or 15 years or ...?
That's not really smoke above the word Progress-- that's the
post-1954 version of the logo where the line is straight instead of
wavy.
One noticeable problem with that P2K scheme is that it was done in a
"Chessis System" font-- the worst thing is the ampersand being smaller
than the C and the O.
There are some dandy schemes for that car in your period... which
were available from P2K.
Someone will undoubtedly come up with some decal or dry transfer
possibilities.
Scott Pitzer