Re: roofs, was detail of AAR 1937 boxcar

Thomas Baker

Gene and Group,

I have some interesting decals in S-gauge. The decals, very old but still useable, are green. I know that so many times the model manufacturers have been content to ignore prototypical accuracy and go--apparently--with phantasy. This might be one of those instances. The decal is intended for the M&StL aluminum box car. I know that the Alton aluminum box cars did indeed have red lettering, at least for a short spell. Were the M&StL aluminum box cars lettered in M&StL green?

Gene correct me if I am wrong on this, but I think at least one of the aluminum box cars ended up in passenger train service. Did the RDC-4 cars pull it on the Minneapolis-Des Moines run?

Tom