Re: roofs, was detail of AAR 1937 boxcar

buchwaldfam <duff@...>

Do these cars show up in the AAR box car roster summaries which
are printed in Ted Culotta's web site? Is there a note which
identifies them as being aluminum?
Oddball decals has a set for an aluminum M&StL car, but not too
much prototype data.

Thanks,
Phil Buchwald

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Baker" <bakert@a...> wrote:

________________________________

Gene and Group,

I have some interesting decals in S-gauge. The decals, very old
but still useable, are green. I know that so many times the model
manufacturers have been content to ignore prototypical accuracy and
go--apparently--with phantasy. This might be one of those
instances. The decal is intended for the M&StL aluminum box car. I
know that the Alton aluminum box cars did indeed have red lettering,
at least for a short spell. Were the M&StL aluminum box cars
lettered in M&StL green?

Gene correct me if I am wrong on this, but I think at least one of
the aluminum box cars ended up in passenger train service. Did the
RDC-4 cars pull it on the Minneapolis-Des Moines run?

Tom