Re: Wine car ops

ljack70117@...

On Sep 23, 2005, at 10:46 AM, timboconnor@comcast.net wrote:

Couldn't a six-compartment tank car make as many as six deliveries
to customers? I forget the name for this type of tarriff but I think that
cars could make multiple stops to drop partial cargos. So if there were
a small bottler in Gridley who buys wine in 1,000 gallon lots (enough
for 1,000 large jugs of wine), then that might work... If you think about
it, a small town of 1,000 people on average consumes somewhere
around that amount of wine every year.

Tim O'Connor
Sorry but when I was a clerk on the UPRR you were allowed 2 stops en- route. You paid the freight on the whole car to the finial stop and a stop fee for each stop.
Thank you
Larry Jackman
ljack70117@adelphia.net
It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end to end, someone would be stupid enough to try to pass them.