Re: Attitudes of kit producers

Spen Kellogg <spenkell@...>

Denny Anspach wrote:

Mike Brock opines-

Very few USRA engines were NOT
modified by the late 40's early '50's time period. Hence, most USRA models
aren't really well suited to the serious prototype modeler...unless they
intend to bash it.

Mike has THAT exactly right. I would judge that most railroads with
USRA engines soon modified them in significant ways to conform to
company culture and patterns of operation.

Ted Culotta (yes, that Ted Culotta - mandatory freight car reference) is
in the process of modifying a Spectrum USRA Light Mountain to duplicate
NH #3330 as it appeared in 1947. He has a clinic on this, which I have
seen, and the final product is going to be outstanding. He had the work
in progress to show at the clinic. If I understood him correctly, it may
appear in print someday. I understand he is taking the clinic to
Naperville this year.

Regards, Spen Kellogg