Re: Attitudes of kit producers

Tim O'Connor

Richard Hendrickson wrote

A few of us held our noses, bought Trix box cars, and replaced the
roofs because they're the only otherwise accurate models of UP ACR
steel box cars ever offered in HO scale.
Not quite. Don't forget the Sunshine B-50-32/33 cars. Also, Tom Madden
cast some B-50-24 A.C.R. sides years ago. (Very nice replacement sides
for the IMWX.)

But anyway, don't get caught up with Trix. I'm sure you can think of
many examples of models that didn't sell well, yet the manufacturer
blamed it on the choice of road name when perhaps that wasn't the
root of the problem...