Re: Barrett car

Richard Townsend

It's what amounts to a covered hopper, converted from a tank car by adding slope sheets internally, bottom discharge gates, and hatches on top. Used for hauling roofing gravel. I have a copy of a Railway Age (I think) article about them at home. I'll try to get to it when I can.

--
Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, Oregon

"hoghead32" <buckfiveoh@...> wrote:

I just posted a picture of a Barrett tankcar taken in 1961. It surely
is an odd duck. This crop of a larger photo is the best I can do at
present. Would anyone out there have any information on this car. The
Md. and Pa RR at this time was hauling slate granules; could this be a
covered hopper?

It is the last photo in the Photo File. Thanks for any info!

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.