Re: MDC OT tank car frame, was new products (was BLI vs. Walthers ...): Now Champ Decals

Paul LaCiura <paul.jeseng@...>

Richard,

Not to diverge from the current thread but...................

The subject came up on the Espee group regarding the possibility of Champ
intentionally making very slight changes (not noticeable to most consumers)
to their decal artwork in the past so that they could see if someone were
"pirating" their artwork downstream.

I know the subject seems petty but I am wondering if there is any truth to
that rumor? Not trying to create any trouble but I am interested. I have
quite a few sets and the thought has occurred to me when I browse through my
collection of Champ freight car decals, particularly SP freight and
passenger car decals.

Paul LaCiura
San Francisco, CA
Spdaylight.com