Re: liquid chocolate cars - Milk Cars in the Southeast

Bill McCoy <bugsy451@...>

Tim, Were these the steel GAC - Pfaulder cars or the wood cars. Did
they keep their Hood lettering? Any idea where the chocolate cars
operated?

There was a thread on the Milk trains group last July 24th (look under
Eversweet) about the announced Athearn Eversweet milk reefers GACX 969
and 977 that were apparently in service between Frost Proof, FL and
Lyons, IL (Chicago). The consensus was real paint scheme but mediocre
model. Wonder if Walthers will do this car? I model the SE 1949 - 1967
and want to justify a couple of milk reefers.

Bill McCoy
Jax

--- In STMFC@..., Tim Gilbert <tgilbert@s...> wrote:
up4479 wrote:

Well we know that wine cars roamed around the country far and
wide.
How about liquid chocolate cars as in Baker's Chocolate? They had
regular tank cars and also used Phaudler "milk" cars. Their plant
was
in Boston but do we know how far west or south they roamed?
As the milk business by rail declined in the 1950's, Hood leased
some
GPEX "milk tank cars" to carry orange juice from Dunedin FL to
Boston.

Tim Gilbert