Re: liquid chocolate cars - Milk Cars in the Southeast

Tim Gilbert <tgilbert@...>

Bill McCoy wrote:

Tim, Were these the steel GAC - Pfaulder cars or the wood cars. Did
they keep their Hood lettering? Any idea where the chocolate cars
operated?

There was a thread on the Milk trains group last July 24th (look under
Eversweet) about the announced Athearn Eversweet milk reefers GACX 969
and 977 that were apparently in service between Frost Proof, FL and
Lyons, IL (Chicago). The consensus was real paint scheme but mediocre
model. Wonder if Walthers will do this car? I model the SE 1949 - 1967
and want to justify a couple of milk reefers.
Bill,

Best check for answers with the Milk Trains Group for their expertise. My OJ-Hood info came from that group.

Tim Gilbert