Re: ARA 1934 Open Loads Publication

Richard Hendrickson

Back in mid-September, I mentioned on the list that I had a January 1, 1934 American Railway Association publication, "Rules Governing the Loading of Commodities on Open Top Cars," and several list subscribers expressed interest in obtaining a copy of it. I have now made inquiries about having the book copied (the copies would include 150 original pages at two pages per sheet of 8-1/2" X 11" paper). If ten people are willing to pay for copies, the price would be about $15 for each copy including postage; fewer copies would cost more per copy, more copies would cost less. If you will commit to buying a copy, please contact me off-list. I'll add up the number of people who want to participate and will inform you whether this project will go forward, and what the exact price would be, by the end of this week.

Richard Hendrickson