Re: Tank Car Ladders

ljack70117@...

You stand and face the B end of the car. The side to your right is the Right side and to your left is the left side. Also the journals number from the B end of the car R1 R2 R3 R4 and L1 L2 L3 L4 on a 4 axle car. If you have more axles you add more numbers
On Oct 3, 2005, at 8:35 PM, Mike Brock wrote:

Richard Hendrickson writes:

Armand, whether there were ladders on both sides of tank cars depended,
of course, on whether there were dome walkways or platforms on both
sides, as there was no point in having a ladder that didn't go
anywhere.
Tell that to that lady in San Jose who built that crazy house with doors
that opened to a solid wall, stairs to nowhere and hidden rooms. Of
course...she did live in California.

Tank car builders provided one walkway and one ladder as

standard (almost always on the left side). Right side walkways and
ladders were optional;
For the benefit of some members perhaps not as enlightened as me <g>...how
does one determine the right side from the left?

Mike Brock

~-->
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/9MtolB/TM

Thank you
Larry Jackman
ljack70117@...
I wish the buck stopped here as I could use a few